Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

a car cart


i could write so much about this one picture.
so, i think i will.



1.  i do not walk around stores with my camera to take pictures of my boys.
in real life, i rarely have my camera.
i took this picture with my not-a-smart-phone-phone.
yes, they really do still make those.
husband e-mailed the picture to me.
on my own i figured out how to get that picture from my e-mail to here.
it took a long time, but i had the time to waste.
the baby was asleep for the night.
husband and bauer were at a fire.
the other boys wanted to wait on them to get back.  really i think they just wanted to play xbox and that was their excuse.  whatever.
we all were doing something we wanted to do.
and i got that picture on here!  i am proud of myself in a this is totally not important kind of way.

2.  years ago bauer, bronson and connor were in one of these car carts.  once we got into the parking lot they wanted to go really fast.  since i thought they were all good drivers, i pushed them all really fast.  they were not good drivers.  their car cart rolled over and all my babies were laying scattered around the parking lot.  it was just a horrible screaming crying mess.  a random stranger, husband, and i peeled all my babies off of that asphalt and i've never let the boys drive one of those carts again.
until this day.
connor wanted to show bo christian how to drive a car cart.  bo christian does know how to drive a car cart safely.  i do see them in his future.

3. did you know that
if you pile a bunch of boys into a car cart
every time they touch metal
they can shock themselves and their brothers?
me either.
i was told it was "epic".
all i know is that it was loud and fun to watch!

4.  my well behaved children did not ride in the cart like that picture shows.
they were jumping in and out of the cart or
leaning out all sorts of ways trying to touch all the metal they could find.
except for bo christian - the excellent driver -
he sat quietly in his seat with his seat belt fastened.
i guess we looked very friendly that day because strangers kept talking to us.  we offered each one a ride, but they always turned us down.  maybe the strangers just like to watch people have fun instead of joining in.

5.  i wish there was a number five to write about, but 4 will do.



1 comment:

Holly said...[Reply]

Oh, Courtney! You are so fun! : ) And I love your square/round cake!! Here's what I do: bake one round (or square!) layer, refrigerate your batter, then bake another layer ; ) It takes longer, but it's a little easier to frost!! Haha!
You are a great mom..now go check on those pickles and beans!