Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

the sharp tooth

husband and i were talking on the phone, and as we were about to hang up he says:
there's something i think i need to tell you.  i chipped my tooth.
  
me:  how did you do that?
him:  eating a chicken wing.
 
yeah.  i was trying to understand that too.
 
me:  was the chicken alive?
him:  no, it was even cooked.
me:  were you gnawing on the bone?
him:  no.  i got some chicken stuck between my teeth and i was getting it out.
 
i know my man.  he didn't have dental floss in his pocket - not his style.  he didn't use his pocket knife (he has done that before) - it was on our bathroom counter waiting on the maid (me) to put it away.  what other hillbilly object could he have used??
 
me:  did you use a screwdriver to get it out?
him:  no!  my fingernail.
 
so.  husband chipped his tooth getting chicken out from between his teeth using his fingernail.

i asked the only question left to ask.
 
me:  have you cut your fingernails lately?
 
he said yes.
 
speechless.
how in the world?
 
he filled in the silence with:
it was the tooth the dentist fixed.
 
oh.  that one.
let me tell ya about that tooth...
for years the dentist tried to fix that tooth and husband wouldn't let him.  so the dentist fixed it for free because he didn't want one of his patients having a chipped tooth.  husband came home from that appointment and complained that it took too long to fix and he couldn't really see a difference.

hmmm. 
i'm sure husband will not be rushing off to get that tooth fixed again.

i still have not seen the tooth.  i'm expecting anything.  i'm hoping for at least half a tooth.  especially since he called again to say that the tooth was really sharp.

really???
i can't imagine...
-------------------

and since we need a picture.
here is the only son we have named after husband, connor d.

No comments: