Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

...my dirt

this thankful is a hard one to write.
but i think i should feel it.
because it is the truth.
 
so i guess i'm just gonna
...fake it 'til i make it...
 
even though i am always honest,
i will never share all the dirt in my life.
 
however, i do think i should be thankful for my dirt.
if i truly believe what i say i believe, i should be thankful for all that dirty dirt.
 
i do know that during the hard times i pray more.
i do know that the difficult things make me lean on Jesus more.
and i do know that digging through all that dirt the way God wants me to, makes me more like him.
 
but, honestly, it is very hard for me to be thankful for that dirt.
in theory i know that i am totally undeserving of anything good.
i am a sinner after all.
but in my humanness i want to think i only deserve the best.
obviously i need to work on being humble.
 
so today i am going to
...fake it 'til i make it...
and i am going to be thankful for all the dirt in my life.


and just because a happy picture is needed-
a place where there is only sand, no dirt:
summer 2011
 
 

No comments: