Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

me the scrooge

i have discovered that i am a scrooge.
 
let me explain.
i really enjoy parts of christmas.
i like all the decorations.  to me it feels like we all decorate for a whole month just for a very special birthday.
i really enjoy christmas mass - it seems so magical to me.
oh, the food.  the baking and special treats.
 
but, as you have probably guessed, i am not big on the gift giving part.
we do buy a few things for our boys.
and i buy a few other small gifts.
i just have a really hard time throwing a bunch of money
on presents for people who really do not need anything
when there are people in this world that do not have clean drinking water.
it just seems like a huge mix-up to me.
 
because of that one reason i think i've turned into a scrooge.
 
i was reading something somewhere that got me thinking about all of it.
 
i am judging people for how they celebrate christmas.
i think only my way is the right way.
it doesn't matter which way is right or which way is wrong.
my attitude is all wrong.

if i really want to "keep Christ in christmas" then i need to act like Christ myself.
i need to love people just how they are...
 
my oldest and my youngest.

No comments: