Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

the liebster award




lookie there!
i was nominated for an award.  i about fell out of my chair.  jeannine reads what i ramble on about and i don't even know her!  i haven't even had time to read much of her blog, but i can tell she's going to be fun to get to know.  you should go check out jeannine's blog!
  
unfortunately i don't think i can accept the award because i don't have 9 people to nominate.  but i am still going to sort-of participate because it looks like a fun challenge and some of jeannine's questions were that good.

first, the 11 things about me:

1.  i've got big feet.  my 12 year old and i could wear the same shoes. also my feet stay cold all winter long. guess they are just too big for my body to keep warm.
2.  in high school, i ate donuts every morning for breakfast.  if i eat donuts now, i get a stomach ache.  it is just way too much sugar.
3.  i don't really like it when my husband helps around the house.  his way is very different from my way.  i may have a problem.
4.  i really didn't enjoy high school or college. i've enjoyed married life so much more. there is a huge correlation between that and my relationship with God.
5.  i wish my family ate only organic real foods - nothing processed.  the only thing standing in the way is me.  and money for the organic.  honestly, it is so hard when you need to eat out or travel or go to a party.  see, more excuses.  i do have guilt over the lack of vegetables and processed foods in our diet. 
6.  i have had all 5 of my babies naturally.  i am that scared of needles going into my back.  luckily all my labors have been very quick.
7.  i'm a convert.  husband was the catholic.
8.  my husband said i am a nut.  he's not helping me finish this and i am out of ideas.
9.  i really would like to have a not-white passenger van.  ahh, the room.  i can't believe i am to a point where i am so accepting of this.  and no, i would not be embarrassed.  my van could run your suv/mini-van off the road!
10.  our names (the husband, the boys and me) all begin with a B or a C. 
11.  bo christian was supposed to be named benedict owen and we were going to call him bo.  but when he was born he just did not look like a benedict owen.  we voted with the boys at the hospital and that is how he got his name.  he is the only one with a B and C name.

jeannine's questions for me:

1. Your favorite lines of scripture?  this changes all the time!  i dwell on one for a while and try to wrap my tiny brain around it and then move onto another one.  this lent it has been isaiah 53:5:  "but he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed".  i have a hard time believing that Jesus loves me so much that He went through so much pain for all my sins...humbling...
2. Do you speak any languages other than English? If so, what?  not really.  i did take spanish in jr.high and i do remember some words.  the area we live in has lots of spanish speakers.  i love to listen to them and see if i can tell what they are talking about which may or may not be considered eavesdropping.  now, i can follow along in a spanish mass.
3. Favorite vacation?  easy - the beach.  hot sun, white sand, blue water.  with my man and nowhere to go and nothing to do.  but i just might go without the husband too!
4. Favorite item in your cosmetic bag?  this is my favorite question - only because i am the last person you should ask about cosmetics!  a picture of all my treasured items that can be found at your local grocery:
 
my favorite item is the tweezers.  i do not like stray black hairs!

5. At what age were you married?  i married the husband when i was 23.  it was the same day i graduated from college.  it was also the day i started calling him husband.
6. What flowers were in your bridal bouquet?  i didn't really care at the time and i don't even remember, but they were white
7. What type of Baptismal clothing did your child(ren) wear?  all 5 of my boys have worn a beautiful gown that was made by my mother-in-law.  all the grandchildren on that side of the family have worn it.  sadly, i do not have a single picture of it on my camera.
8. What is your alma mater?  don't care and can't remember...but husband can sing the first line.
9. What is your hidden talent?  i can still do a back bend or a rainbow as connor and bronson call it.
 
10. You've won the lottery. How would you spend ten million dollars?  honestly, this would scare me.  i think money complicates things.  but, off the top of my head:  give a bunch away,  pay off our house,  go visit the little boy we sponsor in venezuela,  i would probably give in and buy a not-white passenger van.  i would hope that our lifestyle wouldn't change.
11. What are your favorite book(s) from childhood? Be honest. You don't get more points for classics than you do for Babysitter's Club!  i've always loved reading - boxcar children, little house on the prairie, anything by judy blume or beverly cleary, i can even remember reading babysitters club

thanks jeannine for the award!  so sweet of you to nominate me.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...[Reply]

I am so happy that you participated, Courtney!

Thank you so much for sharing all those awesome things. Your backbend is more than I ever could have hoped for!