Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

quick takes



 
i am going to link up again.
enjoy!

1.  teaching a baby brother how to suck in a spaghetti noodle.
 


i just can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have older siblings.
i have heard that one of the best gifts you can give a child is a sibling.
i couldn't agree more.
 
2.  i might make too many lists...
 
caden asked one night if i would put on my list:
 remind caden to cut his nails
 
and bronson left this on the refrigerator for me one morning-
 
 
-all because of #3.
 
3.  this week i finally did one of the most horrible mom things.
i was late to pick bronson and connor up from school.
like 10 minutes late.
and get this - it is because i got busy reading a prayer book!
 
4.  every couple of years i clean junk out of my house.
it has started again.
i took a big garbage bag into my closet and this is all that is left.
 
now that feels better.
i can breathe in there again.
next i am going to attack that closet under the stairs.

5.  i now have 2 real gray hairs.
they are wild and beautiful.
i love gray hair.  i've waited a long time for their arrival.


6.  i bleached our towels this week and that is a very happy thing to me.

 
 i know bleach is horrible for us and the environment.
but i just can't stop.
besides, it always reminds me of going to confession and my soul getting all white and pure again.

7.  my most beautiful moment this week:
bo christian has a cold.
that is not beautiful.  it is a nasty mucous mess.
but, he let me rock him to sleep.
he has not let me do that since he was just a few months old.
our house was dark while it was raining and sleeting outside.
just the old fashioned radio was on.
it was so peaceful.
his beautiful baby body was limp in my arms.
i am so thankful i have the time to do that.
 
  
have a great weekend! 
for more quick takes, visit conversion diary here!

2 comments:

Jeannine said...[Reply]

Gorgeous closet! I love when all I see is what I love and can use.

Sweet slurping boys.

And I have become a committed lister since having children.

My bible quote this week is "wash me and I will be whiter than snow," so I get the bleach thing. I do.

A happy weekend to you and your guys!

Unknown said...[Reply]

So organized :)


Fashion for Beauty