Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

ramblings from the weekend

raising my boys...
it is not something that i do on the fly.
it's an enormous responsibility and i feel so inadequate most of the time.
i try to be in constant prayer for us, so that i will make the right decisions.
sometimes it would be so much easier to just let my boys do whatever everyone else is doing.
and this is just middle school!
 
at times it all feels so heavy.  and hard.
(and it might just have something to do with me thinking too much)
but then i see my boys loving other people in their own ways.
it is then, when i see Jesus' love pouring out of them, that it makes the hard times so worth it.
  
i really don't know, but their faces!
a few things i have learned so far:
*my boys will talk to me. a lot.
but it will probably not be at a convenient time.
*no reaction is the best reaction.
*i do not have to give an immediate answer.
it is acceptable to say-
i don't know right now. i need to pray and talk to daddy about it.
*it is important to figure out where they are coming from.
i want to understand them. they are interesting.
 
on sunday i took the boys to mass by myself.
the lady behind us said, "bet today you're glad you only have 5 boys instead of 6."
i just smiled.
if she only knew.
i do wish i had 6 boys.
my life is so good.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...[Reply]

Very wise words regarding raising boys!