Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

braces faces

 
 they both got braces.

i teared up.
and not just because they are getting older.
 
but, because we can afford these little pieces of metal.
they are just a luxury item in my book.
braces won't help my boys get to heaven
and they are not a need, just an expensive want.

but, also because the husband and I decided to spend money on them.
money that we could have easily spent on other things.
somehow, us having metal put in our boys' mouths makes me feel very grown up.
that is a good feeling.
 
i am counting.
2 boys down.
3 more to go.

1 comment:

Kari said...[Reply]

First time visiting your page! I love how you mentioned braces are a luxury item, so many people today feel like it is a must for their child or themselves to be happy in life. Like you said, braces will not bring your child to Heaven or make them a better person because they have straight teeth. I do hope that if I children NEED them we will be able to provide that for them.