Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

skirting

for the past 6 months i have only worn skirts.
i do not own shorts, jeans or pants.

years ago (like maybe 5!) God made it clear to me that He wanted me to wear skirts.
since i did not want to be that homeschoolin' mom in skirts
or maybe because i am vain,
i only added a few summer skirts.
but God never quit whispering to me.
those few new skirts were not what he wanted from me.

this past summer i read a book.
do not read this book unless you want your life to be turned upside down.
it showed me the BIG picture.
i didn't even finish the book.  the first few chapters were enough.

so yeah, after that read, i got rid of all my shorts, jeans and pants.
i was completely confused about what to wear.
not to mention there wasn't a budget for a new wardrobe.

to say it was hard for me is an understatement.
i cried.  real tears over clothes.
i cried when i gave away my perfect purple skinny jeans and other stacks of clothes.
i quickly learned how vain i am.
and then i cried more because i am that vain.

after i figured some things out...
like longer skirts are better for a momma,
where to buy skirts(!),
what fabrics to wear when,
and how to stay warm in the winter-
i discovered that i absolutely adore wearing skirts.
i am more comfortable,
i've been much warmer this winter,
and i've learned about modesty.
just a homeschoolin' momma in a denim skirt(!) with her boys
i have not found one activity that i can not do in a skirt,
which has totally surprised me.
i can also tell that by doing something that seems so small-
changing my wardrobe for God,
that He is also changing me.

No comments: