Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

i'm pondering...

when did it become the norm to not have time to pray as a family?
and i don't mean mealtime and bedtime prayers.
i mean sit down and pray the rosary as a family...
or a devotion...
or read the Bible together...

one of my daily prayers is that my boys will grow up to love and serve God.
i have no idea what that will look like for each of them.
that is between them and God.

just throw a little brother over your back upside down and race.

remember the parable of the sower and the seeds...
i want my boys to grow in rich soil and produce a lot of fruit.
and i pray husband and i are producing a little fruit for God too.

i don't have any answers for our family, but i do know some things:

to be able to pray together we can't be going every night.

confession and adoration are that important.

when Jesus was teaching his disciples they stayed with him,
they didn't go to a religious education class.
our boys are going to learn the most from husband and me.
now that puts some pressure on!

1 comment:

Holly said...[Reply]

Hey girl! I hope you had as much fun as I did last night : ) You have to post your amazing painting!
Your boys have so much fun, you are a great mom. It IS important to pray together. I don't know what has happened..technology? careers away from home? kids and friends and tv and sports?
You will do a wonderful job with the boys, you already are. I think you are a thoughtful parent. : )