Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

hard questions

it happened again.
i got asked one of those hard questions.

questions like:
are you going to have more children.
are you done yet.
are you going to try for a girl.
and my personal favorite - do you know what causes that.
 
first, when someone asks do you know what causes that i always respond:
yes and we like it.
i wish i had the nerve to add
so why don't you have more.
i prefer this question because it is the only one i can honestly answer.
and maybe because i like to see the other person's face expression after my reply.

i would love to be able to answer these random people that do not know me.
i would like to know the answers myself.

see, we don't know if we will have more children.
it is not up to us.
5 boys is so great.
but 1 more baby would be great too.

yes, i would like to be done.
i don't like being pregnant.
i don't like my body changing all the time and never being able to wear the same clothes.
i don't like morning sickness, bed rest or preterm labor.
i don't like the lack of sleep that comes with a newborn.
but, all my reasons for wanting to be done are totally selfish.  and they are all totally worth having another little baby.

are you going to try for a girl.
obviously i don't know how to do that.
but, i like little girls.
really, i adore little girls.
but, i don't want a daughter at the expense of not having one of my boys.
i also don't want a girl.
i don't want a little girl because it will break my heart every time someone says
are you done now that you got your girl.
i can not even put into words how those words would hurt.

but, yes, i do want another baby.
i'd like to see a bit of husband, a bit of me and a bunch of God all mixed up again.
each one of my boys brings me closer to God.
i love watching husband with our babies.
each baby just adds more everything to our family.
and that is why we will just leave it up to God.

1 comment:

Vera said...[Reply]

I am almost ready to respond to those questions with...."since you are so bold to ask, why do you want to know?"
I also think it is amazing that my kids are closer to each other than they are to me or their dad... what a gift we are giving them! :)